For one to be a driver, registration process and verification of certain documents is required. The driver must be prepared to invest in the following: 1. Car, this car must be road worthy and be prepared to use it to carry people and light goods for a fee. 2. Smart phone, this is the main point of our connection since you have to download the app that will be the main focal point. 3. Data, to be able to connect on our platform one has to have internet connection.
You can register as an individual or as a company. All you need is to download the app, go through the registration process that takes less than 5 minutes. Once all documents has been submitted, wait for at least two working days for your papers to be checked and approved by our registration office. If you do not hear from us within two days, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make a follow up. Remember this registration is subject to our terms and conditions.
- Registration certificate of the car: This is the document obtained from the license department or from the bank if the car is still financed by the bank.
- Owner’s Identification (I.D or Passport): Only identification from government like home affairs, eg national identification or passport are accepted.
- Motor vehicle license disc with operator disc: This is obtained from the license department, if you do not have the operator card, visit any reputable vehicle roadworthy centre like AVTS, Dekra, Global testing centres or any registered centre and explain to them you want to use your vehicle as taxi and need an operator card, you will be given an extra form that you will take back to the license department, this will take at most three days of your time.
- Insurance -Comprehensively covered: This must be from any registered insurance company stating full cover of the vehicle.
- Driver’s License(This is for the driver who will be using the car, if different from owner submit ID too): Driver’s license with Professional driver’s license.
- 2010 to 2013 models -These only qualify after extensively going inspection and only qualify in certain towns.
- 2014 and newer models all welcome
- It must be a four door vehicle
- Sedans and Hatchbacks: Please note tourists centres wont be taking hatchbacks, if you know you will be operating in areas like Capetown, Durban and other tourists areas, only apply if you do have a sedan vehicle.
- Accident damaged vehicles may not be accepted, a roadworthy certificate will be required after any accident.