For one to be a driver, registration process and verification of certain documents is required. The driver must be prepared to invest in the following: 1. Car, this car must be road worthy and be prepared to use it to carry people and light goods for a fee. 2. Smart phone, this is the main point of our connection since you have to download the app that will be the main focal point. 3. Data, to be able to connect on our platform one has to have internet connection.
You can register as an individual or as a company. All you need is to download the app, go through the registration process that takes less than 5 minutes. Once all documents has been submitted, wait for at least two working days for your papers to be checked and approved by our registration office. If you do not hear from us within two days, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make a follow up. Remember this registration is subject to our terms and conditions.
- Registration certificate of the car: This is the document obtained from the license department or from the bank if the car is still financed by the bank.
- Owner’s Identification (I.D or Passport): Only identification from government like home affairs, eg national identification or passport are accepted.
- Motor vehicle license disc with operator disc: This is obtained from the license department, if you do not have the operator card, visit any reputable vehicle roadworthy centre like AVTS, Dekra, Global testing centres or any registered centre and explain to them you want to use your vehicle as taxi and need an operator card, you will be given an extra form that you will take back to the license department, this will take at most three days of your time.
- Insurance -Comprehensively covered: This must be from any registered insurance company stating full cover of the vehicle.
- Driver’s License(This is for the driver who will be using the car, if different from owner submit ID too): Driver’s license with Professional driver’s license.
- 2011 to 2014 models -These only qualify after extensively going inspection and only qualify in certain towns in South Africa. Other Countries in Africa older models are also accepted, you need to contact your nearest service centre.
- 2015 and newer models all welcome
- It must be at least a four door vehicle.
- Sedans and Hatchbacks: Please note tourists centres wont be taking hatchbacks, if you know you will be operating in areas like Capetown, Durban and other tourists areas, only apply if you do have a sedan vehicle.
- Accident damaged vehicles may not be accepted, a roadworthy certificate will be required after any accident.
Both individual and Business applicants must download the app. One has to choose either to register as an individual or as a business. Business applicants needs to submit company registration or a sworn affidavit that has a fleet of vehicles he or she needs to register on the platform. Few documents will be requested, not all countries require all the listed documents, if not sure what to submit, please contact your local Cab Links contact centre. Once all the documents has been submitted,our administration will contact you within 24 hours. If your documents has been approved, an sms will be sent to you. At this stage you are one step away. Our inspection team will contact you to arrange inspection of your vehicle(s). In most cities you do not need to bring your vehicle(s) for inspection, our inspectors will come to you. You do not need to disturb your daily routines for inspection. After the inspection you will be good to go, you can start taking the rides.