Updated: 03 February 2021
- Information we Collect,
- How we use your personal Information,
- How we Share and disclose Information,
- Notifications and marketing,
- Your data protection rights,
- How to contact Us.
1.Information we Collect
Cab Links Pty Ltd will never collect or process any sensitive data such as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; genetic data, biometric data processed solely to identify a human being; health-related data; data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We may collect both personal Information and anonymous Information about you when you use the Website, App and/or Service. Personal information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, payment method, billing information, profile picture, information about the vehicle (the registration number, model, year of manufacture and color of the vehicle), driver’s license data as well as information that is linked to such information. Anonymous Information is that information, that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the service, such as data usage. You can access and browse certain portions of the website and download the App without disclosing your Personal Information, although, like most website and mobile app providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and/or your mobile operating system. Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this will limit the features of the Service you can access and use. In order to utilize the Service, you must register with Cab Links through the App or website. The following information will be collected:
a. Willingly submitted information
Personal Information that you enter when registering for the Service:
- your full names,
- Contact email address,
- Contact phone phone numbers,
- payment method and billing information,
- profile picture,
- vehicle information (the registration number, model, year of manufacture and color of the vehicle),
- driver’s license
- Communications with us or with other Riders of drivers of vehicles using the Service (“Drivers”).
- Information you provide in your profile preferences, to customer support services or that you post on any forums or message boards in the App and or ratings.
b. By use of Service
- GPS location data
If you access our service through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include the GPS coordinates of your trip (including pick-up and drop-off data) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
- Transacting data
We collect information created during your various interactions with the Service, including the date and time or a ride booked through the service, distance of the ride and amount charged.
c. Information collected via technology
If you log in to our Service with social media credentials (e.g., Facebook or Twitter log-in), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such social media site.
If you choose to link your Cab Links Pty Ltd account with a third party payment provider (e.g., Google wallet/Paypal), your Personal Information may be provided to us by such payment provider.
d. Anonymous Information
Aggregated anonymous Information is the combination of your anonymous Information with the anonymous Information of other Riders (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties’ use of the same. We may use Anonymous Information for the following purposes:
Improve the Website, App and Service and customize your experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek.
Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us truck trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns.
e. Information provided by others
We collect information that Riders and Drivers provide about one another, including via ratings and postings on forums or message boards in the App.
f. Age restriction
You must be 18 years of age to be a registered rider. The Website, App and Service are not directed at or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect solicit Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age and no one under age 18 may provide any Personal Information to Cab Links Pty Ltd. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a Rider is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that individual’s Personal Information from our systems and delete the account. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us immediately so that we may delete and remove such information from our systems.
2. How we use your personal Information
Your personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- Register and administer your account.
- Provide, maintain and improve the Service.
- Facilitate communications between riders and drivers,
- Offer customer support and diagnose technical and service issues’
- Send communications and administrative emails about the Service and reply to your inquiries’
- Provide you with promotional and advertising materials, which may be based on your prior activity’
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website, App and Service’
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors or partners.
- Offer you participation in special events, programs, surveys and market research’
- Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you’
- Improve existing and develop new products and services’
- Improve the quality and safety of the Website, App and Service and perform internal operations’
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on Rider and Driver data and interaction with the Service’
- Perform accounting, auditing and other corporate procedures’
- Prevent and identify fraud and other unlawful activity’
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
3. How we Share and disclose Information
We will not rent, sell or share your Personal Information with third parties except as specifically approved by you at the time of disclosure or under the circumstances described below.
- provide your Personal Information at any time or
- download the App and become rider and or driver.
We share certain information about Riders (e.g., name, rating, pick-up and drop-off locations) with drivers to enable the scheduling and provision of rides.
Information provided on any Cab links online forum or message board may be viewed by any Riders or Drivers who access the forum or board in the App.
Our associates and Business partners
Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
Where ever we go, we always abide by the law within that land. In case of law enforcements, we may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Cab Links Pty Ltd or a third party’s, rights or property. We may also reserve the right to disclose information we’ve collected about you for purpose of protecting the health and safety of other riders and drivers, such as in the case of risk or harm or violence against any person.
4. Notifications and Marketing
Third Party Websites
Ad networks and third party cookies
5. Your rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every driver or rider is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- The right to update – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to deletion – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You can send your complaint regarding the processing of personal data to us, email address: [email protected]
Retention, Updating and Deletion Your Personal Information
Once your Personal Information has been collected, we will retain it only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data after receiving an account deletion request for 10 years if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements or use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development.
You may update your Personal Information by going to account settings in the app or visiting the website or by sending an email to [email protected] You can request the deletion of your Personal Information at any time. You can request deletion through email; [email protected] We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
We take every step to safeguard your information. We employ all reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email, text or conspicuous posting on the Website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as it is consistent with:
(i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or
(ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
7. Our Contact details
Email: [email protected]
We take your Privacy very serious and we will try to respond to your queries in a very short time not more than 30 days.